American Samizdat

Monday, June 01, 2009. *
It seems that in every bend and corner of the nation, spring torrents have left us running on rivers of rage.

One of the few lessons I have actually learned indelibly (in a life just chock full of opportunities for learning), is that my own rage is harmful - certainly to the object of that rage, but more so to myself. Especially if that rage is borne on the leather wings of self-righteousness and self-justification. At the very least, blind anger is corrosive and utterly destabilizing, and I can't tolerate it and survive. If I tell you, however, I can let it go and hopefully be effective.

This post is brief, because I do not wish to further feed the rage, in either myself or you, stimulated by the Tiller assassination. I do, however, need to raise my voice in a cry for justice - justice that will be wholly underserved if only the assassin is tried, convicted, and punished ...

[more at P! ...]
posted by ddjango at 5:31 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License