American Samizdat

Friday, March 13, 2009. *
I was reading this Reuters piece about a mass shooting in Alabama when I noticed these photos:



I’m waiting for a response from the Public Affairs Office at Fort Rucker. I’ll post it below if it ever comes:

Subject: Fort Rucker Soldiers Deployed in Alabama
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:30:29 +1300
From: Kevin F
To: ruck.atzq-pao@conus.army.mil

To Whom it May Concern,

My name is Kevin Flaherty. I am the editor of a news and analysis
website called Cryptogon.

I saw Reuters photos of Fort Rucker soldiers deployed on the streets of
Samson, Alabama in the wake of a mass shooting there on 10 March 2009.

See:

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/articleslideshow?articleId=USTRE52A01D20090311&channelName=topNews#a=8

U.S. Army soldiers from Ft. Rucker patrol the downtown area of Samson, Alabama after a shooting spree March 10, 2009.

REUTERS/Mark Wallheiser

and

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/articleslideshow?articleId=USTRE52A01D20090311&channelName=topNews#a=9

U.S. Army soldiers from Ft. Ruker guard a home with five bodies inside as investigators search for clues in Samson, Alabama, March 11, 2009.

REUTERS/Mark Wallheiser



I was wondering if you could direct me to the law (or other mechanism)
that authorizes the deployment of regular U.S. Army personnel along side civilian law enforcement on non-federal property? This case does not seem to fit any of the exceptions to the Posse Comitatus Act. Perhaps I am mistaken. Please clarify this issue.

What were the Fort Rucker soldiers ordered to do with regard to this
shooting incident?

The Fort Rucker soldiers appeared to be carrying sidearms. Were they, in fact, carrying sidearms? If so, what were the rules of engagement on this mission on 10 March 2009 in Samson, Alabama?

Thank you,
Kevin Flaherty

cryptogon.com
posted by Uncle $cam at 5:21 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License