American Samizdat

Monday, September 22, 2008. *
This is the second time a comment I've written has been purged from Mondoweiss. Or at least I can't find it. I don't know why it got purged. It was about the Daily Kos. Philip Weiss champions himself as a brave proponent of free speech about the influence of the Israel Lobby. I guess it doesn't extend to his comments sections. There were lots of other comments purged as well. Well, I'll try to make sure those comments get published somewheres...


Actually, the Daily Kos isn't some radical lefty outfit. They just aren't. The radical lefty group outfit is the Democratic Underground where it looks like you can really talk about anything. The Daily Kos, no matter their big talk on FISA or this horrible bailout, works to elect democrats no matter how horrible. I mean, I've met Markos and he really thought the answer to all of our problems was electing more dems vetted by Schumer and Rahm.

Tactically, the smart thing to do would be to take a long look at third party candidates and specific third party runs and start funding those efforts. That's not what the Daily Kos is doing. IN fact, by supporting the dems they're really just like the dem leadership: center-right. So, on this bailout bill we'll have a compromise between center right and republican hard fascist right. That'll be a great solution.

Philip Shropshire
www.threeriversonline.com

PS: The Daily Kos also bans people who talk about Israel and the influence it has not only on the Israeli issue but the election integrity movement. Here's a question: if you're a Jewish DLC member and you want the US to kill for Israel are you that upset that the Republicans have stolen the last two national elections? Or here's a better question: if you took over both chambers in 2006 would you not a pass a bill that would prevent florida 2000 or ohio 2004 happening again in 2008?
PPS: Yes I was banned from the Daily Kos for talking about Israel. But you can get banned for lots of things.


Posted by: Philip Shropshire | September 22, 2008 at 01:37 PM

Update: The post was restored when I checked the Mondoweiss link. It was moved to the front of the list. Perhaps that's why I missed it. Well, thanks I think. Why did I miss it earlier?

Labels: ,

posted by Philip Shropshire at 11:43 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License