American Samizdat

Monday, August 25, 2008. *
You will never hear Herbert Spencer's attitude about patriotism in America today.

Some years ago I gave my expression to my own feeling – anti-patriotic feeling, it will doubtless be called – in a somewhat startling way. It was at the time of the second Afghan war, when, in pursuance of what were thought to be “our interests,” we were invading Afghanistan. News had come that some of our troops were in danger. At the Athenæum Club a well-known military man – then a captain but now a general – drew my attention to a telegram containing this news, and read it to me in a manner implying the belief that I should share his anxiety. I astounded him by replying – “When men hire themselves out to shoot other men to order, asking nothing about the justice of their cause, I don’t care if they are shot themselves.”


This is for you paid fucks, you G-men wannabe contractors and the real agent man who watches this board, smoke it...
posted by Uncle $cam at 7:35 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License