American Samizdat

Sunday, January 27, 2008. *

Ok guys, this is pretty weird. About an hour ago I got an email from a friend. He was looking at my recent post on homemade explosives. He hit the refresh button for whatever reason, and some of the content magically disappeared, replaced by the words ---redacted---in bold letters. I figured I had made some kind of mistake and checked my content, then re-published the post. Ten minutes later, the content was missing again. I re-published. Another five minutes, and the content was gone again.

I contacted Typepad, who hosts this blog. They said that everything was fine on their end, and that they weren't in the habit of editing user content. They suggested I take a look at the tracking information for my site. So I did. I noticed that right before each redaction, the following IP address visited the page: 63.162.143.21. Now, I like to think that I'm fairly internet-savvy, but I don't know what the hell to do with an IP address. So I googled it.

As it turns out, the host, n021.dhs.gov, is registered to the Dept. of Homeland Security. It was at that point that I started sh#$$ing bricks. I posted an article about homegrown terrorism and included recipes for homemade explosives and incendiary devices. And I thought nothing was going to happen. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. I'm terrified right now that the men in the black helicopter are going to come and whisk me away to Syria or something and make me disappear. Is this a crime? There's similar content posted all over the internet, so if it is, a lot of people are in for some serious trouble starting in 3...2...1....

This is by all means an event still in progress. It's 3:15 pm on Saturday - if anything new comes up I (hopefully) or someone else will post here (assuming the blog is still around). Really, if anyone knows anything about this, comment here. I'm not sure what to expect.


The above is the cached version of a blog via recent commentor gregory. Perhaps it's a hoax or maybe a psyop, hell, it stands a very good chance of being real these days. Whatever it turns out to be, it's interesting.
posted by Uncle $cam at 11:33 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License