American Samizdat

Sunday, November 05, 2006. *
Is there not some chosen curse, some hidden thunder in the stores of heaven, red with uncommon wrath, to blast the man who owes his greatness to his country's ruin! - Joseph Addison

Article II, Section 1, of the Constitution [Presidential Oath of Office]:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.
The emphasis is mine.

I have seen not one minute speck of evidence that George W Bush has preserved, protected, or defended our Constitution. He has taken the document and shredded it, laughed at it, ignored it, disparaged it, and stomped it into the dirt.

Signing statements; executive orders; circumvention; calumny; black ops; secrecy . . . in the interest of national security, my ass!

I think impeachment is insufficient. Perhaps arrest, imprisonment, and trial for treason is in order. There are many who feel he should be given up to the world community to be tried for crimes against humanity. And what of his cabinet and advisors?

That phrase, "to the best of my ability." Although I disagree with all of you who claim this administration is "incompetent", I do entertain the notion that he has been "unable" to fulfill his sacred obligation to the US Constitution . . . [more at P!]
posted by total at 3:04 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License