American Samizdat

Monday, July 24, 2006. *


--William S. Burroughs, of course. Or was it "A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on."? Or: "Sometimes paranoia's just having all the facts."?

I was thinking of a good Wm. Burroughs quote for our sidebar and remembered this one about paranoia, but when I looked it up, I found several versions. Most references via google turn up numbers 2 and 3. Perhaps it was an ongoing idea he encapsulated in several incarnations, or is it one quote twice bastardized? Number three seems most like a retelling, shortened for sweetness. But number one reminds me most of the first time I saw it in a used bookstore in mid-nineties Seattle on a postcard. Does anybody know the real background on it?

Or maybe you would recommend another quote from Burroughs which would grace our sidebar: I browsed this Wikiquote entry the most--I think many are apt.
posted by Dr. Menlo at 10:26 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License