American Samizdat

Thursday, June 15, 2006. *
Blogger still isn't working yet . . .
. . . I posted this manually. It seems the problem is, the archive pages of the posts are getting published, but not the index page. As Robot Wisdom and our own prolific Uncle $cam have told us: Rigorous Intuition has also experienced this problem. A temporary workaround for those with their own hosts: go into Template on blogger, click Preview, view html and copy, save as index.htm or whatever you name your original index, then upload manually via ftp. This way everyone can still post and I can update manually.

Blogger has been mostly dependable for the 6 years I have been using it. Naturally this latest near-week long total breakdown is troubling, and the longest it has been down in my experience. More troubling is that there is no customer support whatsoever. I was willing to pay for the service--and I paid for Blogger Pro--and all I got for that was a lousy sweatshirt. Surely Google can hire a bigger staff? While I had assumed, like all times previously, that it would be back up and running within 24 hours, this obviously isn't the case, and no one has returned my email. And now they're saying that this blog has "characteristics of a spam blog?"

Until it's resolved, or I have to fumble with Wordpress, I'll manually update with all your posts at least once a day.
posted by Dr. Menlo at 5:48 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License