American Samizdat

Wednesday, March 01, 2006. *
"She told me there was this new drug out that would really help me with all of my physical conditions, and my pain. She really wanted me to try it," said Woods.

But when the pill provided no relief, Woods did some research and learned that Obecalp isn't a medicine at all, but a sugar pill. He was shocked to learn the word "obecalp" is placebo spelled backward.



"Bush lies, deserts under fire"

That's the headline I'd write for the AP story
whose actual headline is the more mundane, but still blockbuster, "Tape: Bush, Chertoff Warned Before Katrina."

AP discusses Bush's lie, but can't bring itself to name it:

Bush declared four days after the storm, "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees" that gushed deadly flood waters into New Orleans. But the transcripts and video show there was plenty of talk about that possibility -- and Bush was worried too.





"A man's history begins long before he is born..."

"Who are you that knows the vampires' secrets... and betrays them?"

"I will remain here, come what may..."

"We drink the blood of men, they drink the blood of their god--so in the end, we're all quite damned."

"The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea,
and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity, too great for the eye of man."
-- William Blake, "Proverbs of Hell"
posted by Uncle $cam at 6:18 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License