American Samizdat

Wednesday, November 23, 2005. *
Giving thanks
As I prepare to leave town for the holiday, I wanted to share a few quick thoughts. I'll spare you posting Burrough's “Thanksgiving Prayer,” as I'm sure many others will do today or tomorrow. I'll also spare you a rant on the brutal rape the Native Americans suffered (and continue to suffer, as we see as the Abramoff case unfolds). I'll leave that to better informed people.

I just want to ask you to be thankful to everyone who had a part in bringing you food this year. The animals and plants, to the ranchers and farmers and hunters, everyone involved in food processing, canning, etc., everyone in involved with shipping food around the world and within your country, the grocery store and restaurant workers, your family and friends who prepared you meals, and anyone I may have forgotten. And, if you will, the gods and goddesses and other spirits that made it all possible, or just the awesome power of nature.

And everyone who has plenty might consider making a donation to America's Second Harvest or the Mercy Corps .

Also, at the Hunger Site a click a day sends food all over the world, at no cost to you.
posted by Klintron at 5:25 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License