American Samizdat

Saturday, May 21, 2005. *
Plan of Action
My plan to feel less helpless about living in a nation that has entered fascism includes: * get a degree that enables me to get a job that enables me to get money that enables me to leave this country if it comes to that * work on causes I not only support but which can give tangible results in the short term, so that I can get a few wins in a sea of failures * make clear decisions about what causes I support, kinda support and do not support, then devote myself only to the former and not one second to the others * document that I did my part in staying informed and informing those around me on what is happening in the United States * abandon tactics that are not successful (riots and demos are successfully fun but that is all) * vote * take breaks from both mainstream and non-mainstream media * eat healthy, exercise, get some rest and have sex * form alliances with people who disagree with me in the most profound ways: it is always good to have friends in many places * Do not seek to influence or control that which I cannot influence or control * study up on those who lived through situations like mine (and worse) and learn what they did to make things better * avoid getting caught, avoid illegal activities that can result in getting caught * get a vasectomy * check in with others to see if my understanding of things is accurate * strike at the heart of the problem (our regular readers will know that I consider the engine of much of the world's suffering to be religion) and don't get distracted by the details * be ready to be mistaken * and so on.

These are means to keep myself healthy in an unhealthy environment. They may have no other effect, but I doubt they will be outright harmful to others. What does your plan of action include?
posted by Trevor Blake at 10:25 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License