American Samizdat

Friday, March 04, 2005. *
ASSORTED ITEMS:



I found these Micah Wright like toons over at the www.oldamericancentury.org.



You also have to check out this
Daily Show riff on the New Journalism. (For the record, I'm probably wearing pants right now.) Is Dino Hardbody really Rodger Morrow? It's hard to tell the difference....

And finally:

I am not a fan of the folk music. When John Belushi destroyed the guitar in Animal House I felt he was talking to me. I don't think Bob Dylan is a good singer. When I saw Richie Havens live I thought he was so so. And so on. So, when I recommend that you listen to this folk tune by Willy Mason, I don't do so casually.

You can listen to the song here.

Here are the lyrics.

I like this part the most:

We can be stronger than bombs
If you're singing along and you know that you really believe
We can be richer than industry
As long as we know that there's things that we don't really need
We can speak louder than ignorance
Cause we speak in silence every time our eyes meet.

Philip Shropshire

posted by Philip Shropshire at 9:38 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License