American Samizdat

Tuesday, November 23, 2004. *
From the NYTimes:
Many Women Say Airport Pat-Downs Are a Humiliation

Patti LuPone complains about being practically stripped and groped in public. I've had to do the dance myself, take off the coat, then the jacket, then the sweater to show the camisole underneath, the shoes, the belt....anything else? I said to the screener looking him in the eye...I usually only do this for my husband...and turned the guy beet red. This didn't have a whole lot to do with security in my mind. Power games going on. Even the police can't ask you to do this without probable cause.

Here's the Transportation Security Administration's enabling
policy
TSA policy is that screeners are to use the back of the hand when screening sensitive body areas, which include the breasts (females only), genitals, and buttocks.

via Girl in the Locker Room
posted by RHerman at 6:10 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License