American Samizdat

Thursday, May 20, 2004. *

Q: You fired into six or ten kids? Were they all taken out?

    A: Oh, yeah. Well, I had a "mercy" on one guy. When we rolled up, he was hiding behind a concrete pillar. I saw him and raised my weapon up, and he put up his hands. He ran off. I told everybody, "Don't shoot." Half of his foot was trailing behind him. So he was running with half of his foot cut off.

    Q: After you lit up the demonstration, how long before the next incident?

    A: Probably about one or two hours. This is another thing, too. I am so glad I am talking with you, because I suppressed all of this.

    Q: Well, I appreciate you giving me the information, as hard as it must be to recall the painful details.

    A: That's all right. It's kind of therapy for me. Because it's something that I had repressed for a long time.

    Q: And the incident?

    A: There was an incident with one of the cars. We shot an individual with his hands up. He got out of the car. He was badly shot. We lit him up. I don't know who started shooting first. One of the Marines came running over to where we were and said: "You all just shot a guy with his hands up." Man, I forgot about this. [more]
posted by Dr. Menlo at 7:08 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License