American Samizdat

Saturday, August 09, 2003. *
"The fate of the world depends on the United States, and President Bush is leading us in the wrong direction," Soros said in a written statement. "ACT is an effective way to mobilize civil society, to convince people to go to the polls and vote for candidates who will reassert the values of the greatest open society in the world."

Now, I don't know much about Soros--and please correct me if I'm wrong--but he seems to be a relatively good guy what with his Open Society work and all, and now this . . . I have actually fantasized about this sort of scenario--I mean us little people, how much can we do? Are there any good rich guys out there who can save the world from the likes of Bush & Co.?
posted by Dr. Menlo at 12:37 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License