American Samizdat

Tuesday, July 08, 2003. *
Original comments: I'm not familiar with this publication, and haven't been able to verify this story anywhere else--if it turns out not to be true I will delete it immediately. Since this publication just published the aforementioned U.S. election scandal story, which I do believe, I am temporarily giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Update: it turns out this story is not true. Thanks to Jason Lubyk of New World Disorder for finding this out for me while I was at work this morning and unable to access the net. He also gives me these 2 additional links to further contextualize this online truth gaffe: the original plane crash story and a right wing rag's refutation of the Katherine Harris-is-dead-from-said-airplane story.

Immediately I wanted to delete this post, but Jason recommended that I keep it up and give the additional links as an example of an internet rumor, in this case one that turned out to be false.

Further, I would like to point out that the Scoop down in New Zealand does itself a great disservice by rushing to print this Katherine Harris item--especially when they just published the article on the 2002 American election scam. Now, the latter is a great story--and if I were to put that into print, I wouldn't be adding any doubts to my credibility as I let that one go on about and find it's legs. It's much more important to credibly spread the word about the possible takeover of the US election system than it is to claim the 'scoop' on the supposed accidental death of a minor GOP operative.


posted by Dr. Menlo at 12:53 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License