American Samizdat

Saturday, June 07, 2003. *
BUZZFLASH: The title of your book is pretty provocative – Bush's Brain. Where are we supposed to go with that concept?

JAMES MOORE: Well, originally I didn't intend for it to be pejorative. I wanted it to strictly speak to what Karl Rove's role was, and that was his nickname. It was one of three nicknames that he had from the press corps and from Governor Bush. Governor Bush called him Boy Genius. And the press corps -- when everybody referred to him in the thirty party -- we said: Oh, he's Bush's Brain.

And it was meant as he's a brainy guy, a brainy fellow. But the title of the book is sort of two-fold; I wanted it to cut both ways. I wanted it to be a little pejorative, but I also wanted it to directly refer to Karl. The other nickname for Karl, which the President has, which is a sort of Texas colloquialism, is Turd Blossom, which means something wonderful that grows up out of a cowpie.
I plan to buy this book soon, if only to feed "The Anti-Rove"--coming soon!
posted by Dr. Menlo at 2:18 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License