American Samizdat

Monday, April 07, 2003. *
Right now I know that the template for the samizdat is a bit messed up--will work on fixing it tonite, but also--if there are any generous, talented designers out there, we would, of course, be incredibly appreciative if you wanted to gift us with some new, unbelievably cool samizdat template. Well, beyond appreciative, actually--let's say completely bowed over--how's that? Any takers please email me: drmenlo -at- well.com . . .

Also, some harbingers (samizdat participants) might have noticed 2 new slots in the posting page at blogger--these title and url slots are for xml, which basically means on another page somewhere somebody can just run the headlines from American Samizdat. As it is, if you fill these slots out, these are also published on the blog as the title--perhaps this complicates things and I will change that so the xml part of the posting is completely separate from the xml-publishing? Unfortunately the comments section seems to be disabled as a temporary fix to the template problems, so email me if you have any opinions. You will also notice I added a 'blogroll' over the old harbinger list (which was in order of invite acceptance)--this is randomized to help give some of the blogs who joined later some more even attention. This has also been added to SLA, and will soon be added to Menlo from Space!

Moving along on samizdat matters, we passed the one year anniversary of American Samizdat last January. Those who know me in my flesh know that I am bad about birthdays and such in that realm, so I suppose this carries over into my internet life as well. Traditional celebrations aside, I want to thank each and every Harbinger for joining, and give special thanks to the posters too voluminous to go into now (on my lunch hour). Especially now, the American Samizdat is badly needed. Any recommendations on how to make it grow are also welcome, as well as recommendations for additional harbingers! This ain't no country club, folks! It's near impossible to keep up with all the great progressive blogs that spring up as of late--if you or anyone you know is interested in helping to make the Samizdat even better, don't hesitate to let me know (drmenlo -at- well.com). And please know I read all email and will get back to you asap--although sometimes there are delays to my best intentions.

best, 'dr. m.'

posted by Dr. Menlo at 12:30 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License