American Samizdat

Wednesday, October 02, 2002. *
Senators Threaten To Rein In Bush

I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I have never called a Congressman or Senator in my life, tho spent high school living next-door to Rep. Fazio (D) from California, went to school with many politician's sons and daughters (including one of Colin Powell's daughters), and spent two years walking up and down the six Congressional and Senate buildings (3 each, one group on each side of the Capitol like shoulders with the Supreme Court in the middle and behind and a subterrean network linking them all underneath) delivering letters and packages when I worked as a bicycle messenger there while going to school (I wasn't the slightest bit political back then; the only thing I noticed was how consistently beautiful every Congressman's or Senator's receptionist was when going down the hall).

But I intend to call my Congresswoman and Senator now--for this. Perhaps after I make my initial call, it will then be easier to make a habit of it.

posted by Dr. Menlo at 8:45 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License