American Samizdat

Wednesday, November 15, 2006. *
The elite War on the Internets (read blogs) is quitely reving up, and I suspect will be in full swing by the 2008 elections. And as per their hubris norm they are telling us exactly what is coming. And I will go even futher, in my predictions, it will be a democrat whom introduces the next clamp down on the "free flow of information", after some contrived incident no doubt.

"Former President Bush Blames ‘Bloggers’ for ‘Ugly’ Political Climate
"Former President Bush Blames ‘Bloggers’ for ‘Ugly’ Political Climate Last night on Fox News, former President George H.W. Bush said the current political climate has “gotten so adversarial that it’s ugly.” Asked to offer an explanation for why there is this “incivility,” Bush pinned the blame on bloggers. “It’s probably a little worse now given electronic media and the bloggers and all these kinds of things,” he said. Watch it:

Also, Bush revealed that he enjoys using “the email” but lamented that his son, President George W. Bush, cannot for fear that the emails would get subpoenaed. Bush worried that presidents who used email would be forced to prove “that you were telling the truth and all this stuff.”

Digg It!

Transcript:

GRETA: You are a letter writer. Tons of letters.

H.W. BUSH: Not anymore. Because now I use the email. And the computer. And I find that I don’t do near as much writing as I used to, letters as I used to. I don’t save them. And I am worried about that a little bit not that I have that much more to say, but I think it’s too bad in a way that email will detract from the historical record of presidents. I don’t think that the President Bush uses email.

BARBARA BUSH: He doesn’t.

H.W. BUSH: You worry about it. People are going to subpoena the email records and we are going to, you know, you’ve gotta prove that you were telling the truth and all this stuff. I mean, it’s gotten so adversarial that it’s ugly.

GRETA: Why do you think it’s gotten so adversarial? Tonight is literacy. Everybody comes in from all different sides and wants to help. It seems like oftentimes in Washington, you know, on something we all want to work towards it’s not necessarily so civilized. It’s not so pleasant.

H.W. BUSH: It’s true but that’s not new really. I mean, you go back in history and you’ll find that there was always adversarial politics. There was always gut fighting. And it’s probably a little worse now given the electronic media and the bloggers and all these kinds of things. But I don’t despair about it. I think things — there is a pendulum at work at times so you swing away from the incivility back to more normal climate."




Also see,
Judith Miller: Times reporter who pushed Iraq War worried about blogger standards... of course, all this on the heels of Ms. Miller's recent testifying of her reverse scopophilia...
posted by Uncle $cam at 3:07 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment





Site Meter



Creative Commons License